Cool Stuff

Saturday, October 15, 2011

An Old Guy Breaks Wind



Well I thought this may end up being a "feel good' sports post this evening...fat chance of that happening now! First my Purdue Boilermakers played surprisingly well at Penn State only to have several Special Teams break downs that pretty much sealed their fate. Special Teams being the one highlight of the team so far this year. I suppose it was inevitable that they would have a bad day sooner or later...well it pretty much cost us the game.


And now the Detroit Tigers just gave up 9 runs...yea you read that correctly 9 runs in the bottom of the 3rd Inning to pretty much give the Texas Rangers the game. "It ain't over 'til it's over" as Yogi Berra says but I think "it's OVER!"


So Sheesh, what do I write about now...NASCAR? 


I know...How about some X-Junkie who begins his 50th year on this freaking PLANET tomorrow? Yep, that's me...who would have figured, eh?! Me of all people, I can't believe that I would ever have lived this long!


Birthdays were always weird for me...not because I'm growing old...I still could care less. But I typically never really celebrated my birthday after my 21st. That was the last one that ever meant anything ...I just don't really pay much attention to it, I don't think they are that big of a deal...unless it's a milestone type year like next year will be for me if I survive until then.


But I can't help but reflect a bit about living this long...I certainly never expected to. Nor did I really think that I wanted to carry on until old age...yet now I think I've begun to change my perspective and my opinion about that. Who am I to question it, eh? I live as long as I live. Undoubtedly I live a healthier lifestyle these days and i just enjoy living. I believe being joyful extends one's life...I really do believe that.


So that is my approach as I enter into my 50th year here on planet EARTH....I will not turn down JOY if it's offered to me. Nope, I'll accept it will much gratitude and thankfulness. I used to cultivate angst...no more and what a joke that was anyway...I was such a poser. I truly thought it was cool to live like I did in a daily pursuit of death...Ach, how stupid.


Today my life couldn't be more different or better then it is right now...I am more then happy to be as the title of this post suggests: An Old Fart.