Cool Stuff

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Trellis and Vine

The Trellis and the Vine
I am venturing into some big time unknown territory tomorrow and Friday. I head up to East Lansing, MI for a 2-day Trellis and Vine Seminar. It is a focused seminar on promoting discipleship in the Church. I didn't think twice when I was actually first asked to attend. It sounded quite interesting and it was very similar to what I had been trying to get involved in anyway on my own and through my own church, Lockwood CC.


Well it looks like it is geared to those in ministry and I am going with the pastor from my church as well as several elders and a deacon. I was a bit freaked I'll admit wondering if I belonged with such a group of men I have such respect for.  They are incredibly learned and dedicated to the Lord. The church does not COUNT when it comes to these guys...only Jesus does and it is the sole reason i attend this church...they NEVER, ever take their collective eyes off of HIM. I didn't think such a place existed here on earth...


Anyway this will be two very intense days and I know I am going to really be challenged. I've accepted that I will almost certainly know the least biblically and theologically but I really feel lead in what I have been doing and my commitment should only be strengthened by this experience. One area where the authors really make a strong point is in encouraging folks to read the Bible out loud to each other as often as possible. It IS the Word of GOD and should be heard as it is written. 


Well i had been doing that already...the idea wasn't mine of course, it came to me in a day dream, almost like a gift and I just ran with it. That experience alone convinced this sceptical fellow that there was definately something ELSE at play here, something way beyond my ability to comprehend...


So we all head north tomorrow at 7:30a and I am really quite excited about it...I'll update if and when I can...