Cool Stuff

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Doubletree Hotel: Holland, Michigan

Doubletree Hotel Holland, MI - Recreation Center


I am back at my Grandfather's Desk and settled in for the night. The trip to Holland is but a memory but it's a good one. The good visit's are always over before you know it. 
I just want to take a second and plug the hotel I spent the last two nights in: The Doubletree, Holland MI


That hotel had been a Holiday Inn for probably close to 20 years and until recently I didn't even realize it had changed hands into a Doubletree by Hilton property. But they have renovated it and it was a great place to stay. It is centrally located in the middle/south side of Holland with easy access to...well, EVERYTHING.


The real treat though are the rooms and the pool/whirl pool area. The rooms were totally updated, with a fridge and a microwave in each room. Large flat-screen TV and just a superbly appointed, modern room. The only issue we had and it really wasn't one was the "free" wireless Internet wasn't initially free. You had to pay $5 an hour for access then they deducted it off your bill at the end. Which isn't that big of a deal unless you're tight with a debit or credit card then the over-charge on your card could be an issue.


They had free, 24/7 coffee available in the lobby which is ALWAYS a much appreciated perk by yours truly...The pool water was pushing 85 degrees (a guess but I have to be CLOSE cause it was WARM!) and was delightful. To top this off free USA Today and Holland Sentential Newspapers were provided in the lobby...a really nice extra. I didn't use room service so I have nothing to comment on there. Ice and vending were located everywhere and there was ample places to park. I noticed though I didn't use it a little convenience store with soda, frozen dinners and Ice cream just off the lobby to the left of the front desk...right up my alley and perfect for those little extras or snacks. This is an awesome place to stay for business as well, short or long term plus a good place for a family's weekend get away. A great all-purpose hotel...


All in all I was happy with my stay. I can be highly critical of hotels...I have stayed in hundreds and I really have high standards for what I like. If you are thinking about a stay in Holland any time soon or planning a convention...please check in here for more details...I think you will be happy you did.


To rap this review up the staff was very polite and very helpful...I say they were top-notch in the professional department. They were GOOD.


So my stay there was great and I couldn't have been more pleased...