Cool Stuff

Monday, February 21, 2011

ARRGH..



OK wow, that was an interesting day (so far). There were so many sticks and large limbs, I can't even begin to describe it. Incredible. This property has been in my family since the late 1930's. There has been the cottage then since 1995 my parents home here that entire time. before I moved here permanently a few years ago, I spent every summer or part of every summer here on the island. Never, EVER have I seen this.

I had to use the plow to move limbs out of the yard/street and push/drag them to our lot across the road. As if that wasn't enough, I'm fighting some respiratory CRAP that had me running a temp. this morning! Some times I have to wonder what the deal is when all this crazy stuff happens. Like the truck not starting and needing to hit the Starter to get it going!

I used to think I was cursed...I'm not kidding. I really did, I felt like I had this permanent Black Cloud hanging over me. My life was so heavy, so dark, sad, lonely...you name it. I just accepted that bad stuff was going to happen. Now that was the saddest part really..excepting a negative circumstance...I can't fathom that today. Just the opposite now, I expect good things to happen and you know what? They usually do!

OK, I'll promise to not write about the weather anymore today (unless we get hit by a tornado or something!)...


It just blows my mind because today was a big day, I had a lot of business things going on. I have an even busier day tomorrow and Wednesday so it was not a good time to spend hours out in the freezing rain moving sticks around! But this stuff NEVER seems to happen when I have lots of extra time on my hands. Of course I rarely have a lot of extra time so maybe that's the rub.

Anyway, it's snowed a few inches since the ice storm so I'll just be happy if the truck will start and I can plow before I leave tomorrow. I know, ODAAT...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment