Cool Stuff

Monday, February 21, 2011

Heavy Ice...Not Nice!

Wow, did we ever get whacked last night with this Ice Storm and it continues today.

The limbs, chunks of ice and branches were hitting the house all night long. It was surreal and yea, a tad on the spooky side. Needless to say dawn brought a small amount of comfort but I now have an incredible mess out there to clean up. The pictures just don't really capture how bad it is and how much stuff is down.


Some huge limbs, 10-12" in diameter...NO kidding, are down by the road. Everything is coated with ice so i don't see how it can be chainsawed at this time. This is much more then I can clean up on my own with my physical issues. Not sure what I'm going to do...


Oddly, stuff is still hitting the house as I type. Currently it is still raining/freezing rain so there isn't much I can do now...roads are covered with ice so I'm not going anywhere today. I think I'll lay down for awhile, since I obviously didn't sleep much at all last night.

So I'm off to the land of (sweet) dreams as it were... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment