Cool Stuff

Friday, February 11, 2011

Doctor DOOM or Dr. Do-Little?!



D-Day...11 February, 2011, A day that will live in....hm, I don't know. Hopefully it will be a day that begins my path to better health.

Yep, the old boy finally goes and sees a doctor for the first time in like...Forever it seems. And this is truly the first time in my life that I have actually been looking forward to going to see a physician.

I'll admit it now, I'm concerned by some of the symptoms I'm having and it will do me a lot of good all around to get this stuff checked out.

I can't explain my tendency to delay going...I've had health Insurance since last May but there definately was a side of me that hasn't trusted our health care system and since I've just been through some difficult financial times I was reluctant to start racking up any more medical bills.

But ultimately, I need to get checked out so off we go to interview a new Doc. That is probably been another contributer to my reluctance: the fact that I don't have a physician here in the Coldwater area and starting over, as it were seems like a huge endeavor.

I have a great deal of medical baggage as well, pre-existing injuries, disabilities, medications and the like. Also I have spent the last 25 years with my Doc in Holland and have a close and trusted relationship with him. We have been through a lot together.

But I've received a really good recommendation for this Doctor, she understands recovering addicts and is a stickler for not prescribing Narcotics. A good thing for me just in case things brake down in my recovery it sounds like she would be impossible to manipulate. And yes, that is exactly the way I want her to be...

So I'm off to the doctor's office this morning and then I have like no plans for the weekend which is pretty unusual...so we'll just have to take things as they come the next couple of days.

If I survive this appointment, then I imagine I'll see you back here sometime this afternoon, CHEERS!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to hear the outcome. better to hear what's going on then to worry about the "maybes". Please call this weekend, ok? Love you, daddy!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Comment