Cool Stuff

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Super HYPE



Man the mighty marketing powers to be get to live out their wildest advertising wet dreams tomorrow before hundreds of millions of people: It's Super HYPE, er BOWL day!

I never quite got the whole super intense interest in the Ads, as if they were something special on their own. Don't get me wrong, I like a clever ad just like anyone else. I love to laugh so the funnier, the better but it's gotten to the point where everyone is trying to out do each other and themselves. It's overplayed, basically...

Some companies have taken the whole genre of SB Ads to another level. Budweiser, Go Daddy, Doritos...I guess their is something "Americana-ish" about the whole business now.

And please don't even get me started about the musical shows at halftime...I know I'm in the minority here but I just like to watch the game. The funny thing is though, I'll have the TV on...I may not hang on every ad or watch the whole halftime show but I'll probably see it and yea, I admit there is something uniquely American about the whole thing: Flash, extravagance, waste, glam, glitz, larger then life, plastic,over-produced....huh, you get the picture.

Anyway the show will go on. I just hope we have a decent game tomorrow. It's funny but typically by now I've kinda picked a team to follow and I haven't really felt anything this year for one team or the other. Both teams are impressive and I kinda like them both so now I really hope it's just a good game for the game's sake....

Alrighty then, I guess we'll find out soon enough...it's less then 24 hrs to kick off for SB 45...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment