Cool Stuff

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Interesting Observation


Mick Jagger is rippin' up the Grammy's right now...all in all, not a bad show. I really haven't sat and watched it but I tuned in for most of the good live acts.

Muse was OK but unlike my fellow blog bro Ryan, I'm not that big of a fan. I'll give every band that makes it big their due but they're basically all pre-programed, except for vocals, live drums and I'm not that into that Big-Techno sound they have. But live, they looked pretty good. I will admit that each time I see them they kind of grow on me so maybe it just takes some of us a bit more time...

The Divas mentioned earlier (I really don't know who they all were: I think Jennifer Hudson, Christina Aguilera, Martina McBride and a few others) were great.

Lady gaga, hmmm...what do you say. She is what she is...not my thing but I like originals. But I'm not sure she is original, when I watch her I just keep thinking of others, Madonna, Elton John, Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, Lou Reed, New York Dolls, David Bowie all sort of rolled into one. Any way it was worthwhile.

The Bob Dylan segment was strange with these little known bands covering some of his tunes then he came out and they all did a version of Maggie's farm together. I'm sorry, I like Dylan...alone or with The Band. It's just my preference but hey, that's what this blog is about...

The Justin Beiber kid? Ach...couldn't even watch even though Usher was with him. I've been looking for the performance of Eminem and I must of missed it unless he's playing last. He just received the award for Best Rap Album for RECOVERY. When he came up to get his Grammy I noticed a very interesting necklace that he had on, I wonder what he was trying to tell us? It was diamond encrusted of course but it was a Circle, with a Triangle inside of it. Very interesting indeed....

Anyway, Em just got jacked out of Record Of The Year by Lady Antebellum, who I think is a total waste of time. I didn't even revue their performance because I thought they sucked...So Em's Love The Way You Lie lost out to the song; Need You Now by a Big Corporate Manufactured Country Sounding Joke of a BAND, and I use that term loosely! Ach...that's why I don't watch these shows!!!

Arcade Fire just set fire to the auditorium, they were something else and that was a great performance...

Anyway it's been an interesting night of television. Yep it's bed time...er, ah, I mean book-time. Yea I'm one of those folks that likes to read for an hour or so before turning off the light. So it's been real and now it's time to fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment