Cool Stuff

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Entertain ME...

I think for the first time ever, I am actually going to try and watch the Grammy Awards. I'm not really sure why...awards shows really haven't interested me that much. Sure I like to see who wins the Oscars and i do check in the paper the next day to see who wins the Grammy's but that is about the extent of my interest.

I think the Grammy's lost me when they had the Heavy Metal award for the first time and they gave it to Jethro Tull over Metallica! Huh, say F**KING WHAT?! I love Tull, they are one of my favorite bands of all time...top 25 for sure but they are NOT Metal...not even close. I think Ian Anderson (Founder and longtime singer/songwriter/flutist) was the most shocked of all. The boys in Metallica were good sports about it but they've been making fun of it since it happened at the Grammy's expense.

So they lost major credibility...er, I guess you have to have something before losing it so let's say they never had a chance at credibility in my eyes after that...But, now I've decided I want to check it out. I think I've spent too much time inside and it's affecting my decision making powers...I'm starting to make poor life choices again. Anyway, it's supposed to be about entertainment, correct? Well I want to be entertained, so let 'er RIP, BOYS....

Actually there is another program on at 8p I want to watch as well. On the Big Ten Network at 8p is the Show The Journey...tonights episode features Purdue Basketball Player Robbie Hummel. For those of you who don't know who he is, he would have been a potential Player Of The Year candidate this year in D-1 B-Ball if he hadn't blown his knee out in the second practice of the season. It was the same knee he injured late last season at Minnesota that pretty much cost Purdue a shot at making a run deep into the NCAA Tourney.

So yea, I'm going to TRY and see what it's like to sit and watch TV for awhile. Sound strange? Well I rarely sit for any length of time and watch TV anymore. I'm to fidgety, I just don't sit still very much. I have TV's on in different parts of the house and I catch whatever is happening when I'm in that particular room. It works for me but drives anyone who would be around me nuts if they tried to keep up. Yea, it's kinda flaky but hey, I live in America, land of the FREE so I can watch Television any freaking way I want to, got that?! Good, glad to hear it...

So I finally stopped singing 'round the house...the kitty was quite pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment