Cool Stuff

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Back In The Saddle (Kinda) since 1974




Here am I...back at my favorite hour for blog post writing. So far I am able to remain lucid and functional...so far I say because I can feel it begin to slip away from me...ever so slowly.

My sister and her family arrived safely last night...and tonight I will have to drive up to Battle Creek around midnight and pick up K-Sue. It is the first time in the nearly 7 years that I have known Kim that we will actually spend Christmas Day together so I am stoked about that.


Everything is ready so there shouldn't be any last minute surprises but then again that is why they are called surprises because nobody expects them.  I head over to the nursing home at 8a this morning to read from the Bible and I am really looking forward to doing that on Christmas Eve Day...it should be a real treat.  


I am really going to try and push through my fatigue and not let it bother me no matter how little sleep I get today or tomorrow...we'll see how everything goes.


A "fun fact" this morning is that this afternoon at 5p I will be attending church for the first time on Christmas Eve since I was 12 years old (that's 1974!!! folks) and it turns out my whole family is going to services at my church at 5p instead of my parents church who has their service at 8p. My mom didn't want to go that late so she decided to go to Lockwood at 5p. This is the first time any member of my family is going to my church so it feels kind of surreal but good...really good.


We won't be having a white Christmas here in lower Michigan this year which is a bummer because we usually do so I'm spoiled. But temps will be in the upper 40's so it ain't happening...


Of course I had to throw a tease in with the photo showing a horse back rider on the beach...nice huh!??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment