Cool Stuff

Friday, December 16, 2011

A Different FOCUS...



I was pondering the fact that when I have something important going on in my life or an illness or a family member has an issue..it could be anything really, that other things in life...LIKE the stuff they show on the news becomes less and less important to me. I have noticed in general over...let's say at least the last decade or so that I rarely pay attention to any of the 24/7 continuous "news" programs unless it's an International Tragedy like 9/11 or a weather disaster like Hurricane Katrina. I just tune it out...

I have just gotten to a point where I am naturally blocking this stuff out and focusing on the stuff that is relevant to me...

In doing this I am not finding myself isolated or or at a social disadvantage. I still check the news but I do it either by reading the paper (yep, I am one of THOSE people) or I just check online at my own convenience. I like to control the amount of access that the news agencies have over me and my family.

I live in a house where one person has Fox News on almost constantly on the main television. It doesn't matter WHAT the content the shgow is...that is just not healthy.

I have always had what I consider a HEALTHY mistrust of what the media has to say and I will NEVER take anything they say as truth without first verifying it myself. I don't understand anyone who wouldn't take the time to check out for themselves...That is dangerous in this day and age because people will take advantage.

OK, coffee and book time.....

(Painting: Winslow Homer)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment