Cool Stuff

Thursday, December 8, 2011

HARD BODY


Like that title...HARD BODY?! Well that is exactly what I am NOT...at least not yet...Remember I have been talking about being a person who is not afraid to change? Well I got some more CHANGES to make!


I've gotten rather funny about food, about eating and nutrition in general and NOT in a positive way. I have had many serious issues over the past decade regarding my stomach and the nasty symptoms that can go a long with stomach trouble: vomiting, nausea, cramps and sharp abdominal pain. For many years I had serious acid re-flux which finally was eliminated by the stomach surgery I had this past MAY. That surgery also eliminated the acid "leaking" into my right lung and causing me pneumonia 2-3 times a year as well.


Even though my stomach is much better then it was even a few short months ago...it is far from normal. And I have reacted to it by eating food I can tolerate which has led me to the point where I am today. I primarily eat 4 apples a day, ice cream w/peanuts and chocolate sauce, cereal w/milk (3 large bowls), cucumbers (1) and occasionally some bread. Once in awhile I'll eat a full meal like hamburgers and fries, roast, mashed potatoes and green beans or spaghetti but it usually is way more then I can eat. Typically I eat cereal/ice cream on the fly throughout the day and night.


Needless to say my diet is terribly unhealthy and I am seriously gaining weight plus I feel sluggish and lacking energy. So I am going to stop the ice cream and soda (don't drink a lot but when I do I tend to get on a roll) all together and focus on fresh vegetables and fruit (apples, oranges, grapes). I really want to focus on that and riding my recumbent bike 5 mornings a week like I have the past year....


Because of long time use of pain medication therapy and other prescriptions...they discovered this spring at the MAYO Clinic that my testosterone level was basically zero so I have been getting shots all summer and that has really helped with my energy levels, focus and basic daily drive to be active. I am curious to see how much better I would feel eating healthier and getting more exercise would make me feel. So that is the plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment