Cool Stuff

Thursday, December 22, 2011

I Dig These Panty Hose


I'm wearing Panty Hose and I'll be honest....I like it. Now if I could just get them to agree to let me wear black fish-net hose I'd be all set. OK...before this post gets totally outta-whack and imaginations run wild I'll clarify....I am wearing surgical compression stockings and they make my feet and calves feels so much better...it really does make a difference.


They weren't worth $50 bucks though...that is how much the Med supply store wanted for them and of course my Insurance wouldn't pay. Thankfully we have 8 pair here at the house so I found three pair of the knee high and man it makes a difference. 


What a day...in addition to still not sleeping and having wasted my time at the doctor's office I guess it has been an OK day. Just to let you all know what kind of a crack-pot the author of this blog really is. So after 20 odd days in a row of not sleeping more then an  hour or so each day what do i decide to start reading? 


I'm glad you asked. I am reading an amazing book by Dr Kay Redfield Jamison called: "An Unquiet Mind - Memoir of Moods And Madness". She is a Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University and one of the foremost authorities on manic-depressive disorder from which she also suffers...That's right, she actually has the disorder that she is the worlds foremost authority on. I have been vigorously pushed to the intellectual and psychological limit here...of course I love this kind of thing!


So here I am...admittedly exhausted, pushing my body, mind and spirit literally to the brink of breakdown and/or insanity and then I go and read about it TOO! This is so typical of me but it is this kind of thing I love to do...push limits. And so I shall.* 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment