Cool Stuff

Monday, December 19, 2011

Recognizing What's REAL!



I sure am thankful that I am alive tonight and have the opportunity to continue to hang out here for awhile longer on the planet and live my life the way I never thought I could: Always striving to help somebody else...it doesn't really matter who they are or where they came from. This keeps me pushing forward, on a daily basis toward a higher purpose...helping others to glorify GOD and you know what? I definitely don't need any more motivation then that because I owe my life to HIM. 


This all became abundantly clear tonight while I spent a couple hours at the Branch County Jail , participating in the weekly Monday Evening Church Service. This was a special service for Christmas and we had some special music and entertainment provided by the St. Joe River Boys, a quartet of barbershop style singers...it was a wonderful show and the 90 or so inmates who attended (male and female seemed to enjoy it as well.


I know when I pour my heart and emotions out here on Shell Shock everyday like I do that often times only the pain, hardship and difficulty comes through and not the part about how grateful and fortunately blessed I am. I do not want to ever forget to remember where I came from and how easy it would be to backslide right back to the horror story that WAS my life only 6 short years ago.


So this is my way of saying thanks God and acknowledging that even though I am really struggling health wise at the moment that things could be a whole lot worse and I KNOW that...I definitely do NOT want to go back to that old way of life...NEVER, EVER!


(PHOTO: Kathy Tomson)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment