Cool Stuff

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dawn and Crispy Kisses...



A snowy, pre-dawn KISS greets this cold and crispy blog writer this morning. Winter has arrived in Michigan and I am always just a bit surprised and mildly amused how effortlessly Old Man Frost & Freeze takes over from fall and summer...


I am feeling a little turned around these days....meaning I feel out of balance, disoriented...yep, separated and cut off from my CREATOR. When there is a gap between GOD and I, that usually means trouble in some form or fashion for me because I tend to assert my will in times such as those... usually the results of my doing so are more negative then positive....in fact it's never really even close.


A lot of folks will talk about how the time of year or the gloomy weather will affect their mood and perhaps for them, that is true. I just don't see that result in my life. My moods typically are affected by my closeness to GOD. I know I sound like a nut-job but seriously...the status of my spiritual condition at any particular point in time has more influence on how I feel, how I handle adversity, joy AND unexpected difficulty...you name it.


Now that doesn't mean that things like weather, etc don't have ANY affect in me..sure they do but I don't believe they control my major emotional state at any given time...naw, there are just too many other MAJOR influences in my life.


I know this "belief" about the importance of my spiritual condition in controlling my mood and emotions seems extreme but what ISN'T extreme about giving ONE"S LIFE over to GOD? It is supposed to be ALL or nothing...and  let's face it, giving ALL to anything IS extreme. 


I did not just come up with this notion in a vacuum or while I was pondering life while sitting on the can in the morning. No it came from my experiences living in the real world on a day to day basis...basically it came while I was consistently getting my ass kicked by life on a regular basis! After a while it became very obvious to me that how I felt was most definitely connected to how close I was to the Lord. That open PORTAL between me and GOD I've spoken about, the most important line of open communication EVER is the key for me because as long as that is open and active, I can respond to issues as they arise and that ability to change on the fly makes a huge difference...


Again more food for thought this morning...I'll pick up on this philosophy when I get back from town later on this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment