Cool Stuff

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Boiler Update


The Purdue Boilermakers finish up their regular season today in a 4p game at Iowa. They have a chance to tie for the regular season B-10 Title if Ohio State loses at home tomorrow against Wisconsin.

I think the B-Boys have a good chance of taking care of business today at Iowa. They have beaten the Hawkeyes the last 8 straight times they've played and Iowa, that once proud program has been at the bottom of the Big Ten for a while now.

I believe Purdue will be focused and not fall into the trap of overcofidence. The Iowa team seniors are playing their last home game ever at Carver-Hawkeye Arena and will play with a lot of emotion, still the Boilers should take care of business.

Wisconsin is a great team, tough, physical and they won't be intimidated at Value City Arena in Columbus tomorrow. The Badgers are also only one of two teams to have beaten the mighty Buckeyes this year (Purdue was the other) at Madison.

But I don't see it happening...I just think OSU, on their senior day (plus their freshman phenom: Jared Sullinger will be going to the NBA so it's his last game as well) will be too motivated to win the title outright, on National TV, in front of their home fans during the regular season final. I could be wrong and Wisky could step up....but I'm not seeing it so BIG BUMMER for Purdue!

I just want to say how incredibly shocked I am about the young Fennville, MI basketball player that fell dead on the court Thursday after hitting the game winning shot and clinching a 20-0 perfect season. I will post more on this when I get back from the hospital but my prayers and sympathy go to the family of Wes Leonard....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment