Cool Stuff

Sunday, March 20, 2011

BOILERS Rock Chicago!

Tonight a little after 7p the (3) Purdue Boilermakers take on (11) Virginia Commonwealth University Rams (VCU) in the 3rd round of the NCAA Tournament from the United Center in Chicago. On the surface it should be a game the B-Boys win easily...that is why it scares the heck out of me!


This tournament, just like most years has been full of upsets and Purdue will have to play hard, disciplined basketball to defeat this team. I like the Boilers chances...I am starting to believe that the letdown they suffered at the end of the regular season at Iowa and in the Big Ten Tourney against Michigan State did have the overall effect of getting this teams attention. Of course losing one of our most talented back-up players Kelsey Barlow to a season ending suspension didn't bode well for things to come. I think it will work to their advantage...

This team now seems to get it...I think E'twaun Moore and JaJuan Johnson now realize that this is IT. Their last games as Boilermakers...they seemed to put it ALL on the line during their 2nd round game against Saint Peters.

I typically do not like to talk about games down the line in a single elimination game tourney but the prospect of potentially playing Notre Dame in the round of 16 in San Antonio is a juicy one. Of course ND has to get by a frisky Florida State team following the Purdue/VCU game at the United Center.

Any way, I am looking forward to some hoops on TV tonight. It's a cold and rainy evening in S. Lower Michigan. Perfect for staying indoors and watching the games.

I am not going to predict a score but if the Boilers continue the focused play from Friday night I like their chances and think they should win. They never do anything the easy way so I suspect it will be a hard fought game all the way and rebounding, Defense and Free Throws are going to matter...and matter a lot.

So let's get this thing STARTED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment