Cool Stuff

Friday, March 4, 2011

Yikes & Yuck!

The Great Stomach Odyssey begins it's Coldwater Chapter tomorrow with a few tests and an Ultra-sound at the Hospital. I can't tell you all how excited I am to begin all these de-humanizing, humiliating tests...I'm simply over-joyed! Er....Not really says Mr. Sarcasm himself.

If I wasn't kind of...well sort of....OK, really freaking frightened by whats happening in my belly I'd be avoiding this tests with all my might. Of course the reason my symptoms are so severe right now is probably because I avoided getting it fixed in the first place so I know I contributed to it all.

Well this time I hope there is some resolution...I have had various problems with my stomach for a decade but nothing so severe that even the surgeon is already telling me before the tests that he is certain that I have ulcers, Barrett's Esophagus (GERD)...what he doesn't know about is the bulge in my abdomen. Yep scares the sh*t out of me too!

So it figures....It is rather typical of me to wait until something is actually wrong before I'll take action...I just hope its nothing serious.

I decided to go photo free for this post tonight since I figured no one wants to see pictures of a bleeding Ulcer!

2 comments:

  1. "The Great Stomach Odyssey" sounds exciting, but not really. I wish for the best, but I can sort of hear the words "no more bacon... no more coffee" being whispered in the background. Hope it doesn't come to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SG-I think you're absolutely right about the coffee and Bacon. Bacon... Ach, I can manage without it but coffee..er, NO, I hope your right that it doesn't come to that! I'm not a Decaf type of person or diet pop...just like I never saw the point in NA Beer.

    We'll see, the symptoms in and around my stomach/intestines, etc. have been so today that I can barely stand it!

    ReplyDelete

Comment