Cool Stuff

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Change Of HEART

I know a lot of people who know me are scratching their heads about this conversion of mine to Christianity. Rather a belief in God and not being too timid or afraid to admit it. I'm going to do something right now that I never thought I would do...it's a rather big deal actually. I'm going to quote a bible verse! OH no! He's definitely off his rocker now!!

But I want to do it to demonstrate basically why I, with all of my past history of self-inflicted pain, suffering and heartache would find solace in God.

The quote is from the New Testament in Ephesians Chapter 5 Verse 8 (EPH 5:8) "For you were once darkness but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of the light".

That's it...that hits it directly on the nose right there. I was weary of living in darkness...I desperately wanted to live in the light. I used to joke to a buddy of mine that Ozzy Osborne was a POSER! He wasn't The Prince Of Darkness...I WAS!! I wasn't really kidding either...

But it was an awful way to live. I'm not talking about Devil Worship or anything like that, nope. I'm just talking about living a life totally based on SELF. Greed, Desire, doing whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted to...that was the ultimate for me. Just living for me, myself and I.

I had some terrible opinions about God and Christianity but ultimately I just never really gave it a chance. I just bought into the stereotype and in the end I was just as hypercritical as the "Christians" I was accusing of being hypocrites. I was looking at the people who were Christians and judging God on THEIR behavior. Well, they are no different then you or me so of course they were flawed, of course they screwed up...they're HUMAN after all! It was quite easy to find fault in them and use it as an excuse to not believe.

But when I read the WORD of God, with an open mind, just like the verse above...well I was floored, absolutely floored. It became nearly impossible for me to argue after that...I'd had a true change of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment