Cool Stuff

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Quirky BACON Post-Thingy...


I know that Bacon and Bacon themed clothing and stuff has become kind of this strange phenomenon, sweeping the Nation with T-shirts, scarves (pictured above) and other accessories.


OK, I'm all for Free-Enterprise...I love that about American entrepreneurs, they will pick up on any fad and sell the heck out of it. The Pet Rock is the perfect example...

Anyway, this bacon thing is sweeping the nation and it kind of bothers me. Don't get me wrong, I love bacon...I mean I REALLY love..to eat it! Not wear it on a chain around my neck or Bacon Boxers to bed. Holy Smokes...I really think this FAD has gone too far BUT...people are buying the stuff by the boat load so more power to the people who are marketing, making and selling the heck out of it!

Me...hmm, I think I'll just stick to eating it. Last night as a matter of fact, we had pancakes and , you got it BACON for dinner~it was awesome. I had the left-overs for lunch this afternoon.

That brings me to another of My Favorite Things: Breakfast food for Dinner. Oh wow...do I love to eat eggs, sausage and toast at dinner time. Or waffles, fruit and oatmeal. I don't know why but I have always preferred to eat the breakfast stuff in the evening and have something super light in the morning like fruit/coffee and perhaps a small bowl of cereal when I ride the X.

Like my Bro Ryan over at Waxed Red Threads, I consider cereal a gourmet treat at any time of the day or night. Strange but we both really diggin' up on Honey Bunches Of Oats right now...an AWESOME culinary delight as far as I am concerned!







Stay tuned, writing this witty little piece of cra...er, Wit, yea...wit, has given me the idea of a regular little feature post here at Shell Shock Serenade. It's going to be called: MFT's which stands for My Favorite Things. So yea, I'm going to post My Favorite Things whenever I feel the urge or something strikes my fancy. It should be interesting, at least i hope so since I have a tendency towards the: QUIRKY!

2 comments:

  1. bacon makes everything better, thus my love letter to bacon a few weeks ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bring home the bacon fry it up in a pan and never, never forget that I am a Man. (Woman) Remember that? LOL K-Sue

    ReplyDelete

Comment