Cool Stuff

Monday, May 9, 2011

Ferguson Speaks TRUTH

Tonight I'm going to something a little bit different. I don't know if it's just me or what but you used to be able to upload YouTube videos right into your posts but I can't figure out how to do that anymore. Some I am going to include a link to a video by the TV Talk Show Host Craig Ferguson. This was a monologue from his show probably 5 or 6 years ago.
Photo Gallery: Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson
Robert Voets/CBS

In this bit he talks about the problems that Brittany Spears is having, drinking, shaving her head and just struggling. He also talks about his own struggles with alcoholism and his recovery. He had just celebrated 15 years sober. I think this is an incredibly open and honest (and yea, it's funny!) talk about himself and his troubles drinking and how he managed to find recovery. He also does a really great job explaining that recovery is a life-long commitment and as recovering Alcoholics we must remain diligent, always...we cannot let our guard down.

What I find the most fascinating about this is how he manages to really cover some of the same yet critical aspects about recovering and what it takes. I think it's well worth the 12 minute commitment to watch it. Even if you could care less about alcoholism, recovery, Craig Ferguson or Brittany Spears...this is hilarious as a stand alone monologue...I highly recommend watching it. I just did for probably the fortieth time!