Cool Stuff

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Ass Crack 'O Dawn: Thanksgiving Day 2011



Am I thankful? I mean REALLY thankful for my life today? Or is it just something one must say on this national day of THANKSGIVING?  In all honesty, I'd have to say it's a little bit of both...and it would depend when you ask. But I believe I can honestly answer in the "affirm'...yes, I truly am thankful for the many blessings that I have in my life today.


It can be easier at times for us to look at the obstacles we face in our daily lives and begin to feel discouraged. As a matter of fact...I am struggling with that very scenario right NOW, as I sit here and write to you this morning. We feel what we feel and it can be easy to take our eyes off what is ultimately MOST important: GOD.


Typically when I drift off track these days...I very quickly end up right back to where I am muddling around in the mire of doubt, resentment, anger and even despair...It doesn't take much at all to lead me right back to feeling all those same negative feelings.


But the moment I realize what is happening I can change it. And that probably is the biggest difference in me today. It isn't that I have moments where I drift because I most CERTAINLY do and I suspect that in't going to change. The difference is that I recognize I am drifting MUCH faster these days and I will shift my gaze back to HIM. And it really makes a difference.


It is a little after 4a this Thanksgiving morning, 2011 and I have been up since 2:10a. In another hour or so I'll get the ladies up and we will begin our journey south. I am still less then thrilled about these big traditional family get together's but I want to do it and make the best of it. It is a much better alternative for Kimi and M so that indeed gives me even more motivation to carry on with this visit.


So if you are traveling today..Be Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!


(PHOTO: Kathy Tomson)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment