Cool Stuff

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Coming FURY





Ahhh yes, I am posting again...What the heck else do I have to do...I am dying (or so it feels). The old blood pressure/high fever thing has laid me out and I cannot do anything I'd like to do so I am trying to be a good sport (I am a lot of things in this life..a "good sport" is definitely NOT one of them, hahaha).


Winter is starting to settle in...the wind has picked up in velocity and I can really tell. The wind..gentle but a few short weeks ago clearly now has developed "BAD INTENT" so beware...one and all!


Wind and water is a nasty combination....the trees here on the island...once, just a short time ago...stood so majestically with their leaves now stand mute as singular bare sentinels...silent witnesses to the coming fury of wind and snow that we call WINTER. 


But at least it is somewhat expected...this furious onslaught of unpleasantness. It is at least no surprise...the arrival of this  Winter Wonderland with it's frigid aches and pains...the all time killer of mobility for old farts like me!


Oh MY...why do I wax poetic...why? No real reason I guess...other then I can and I feel inclined to do just that. So the first real BITE of winter wind descends tonight...and it reminds me that it is now time to hunker down 'til April...a truly northern thing. We'll become a society of cave dwellers...now only connected via social networking sites...they bring a new social dynamic to isolation.


It's become a desired social situation to be snowed in at home in a Blizzard...oh how times have changed!   


(PHOTO: Kathy Tomson)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment