Cool Stuff

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hang On Babe...



As lousy as I feel physically, I've decided to ignore the inconvenience of discomfort, pain and massive, periodic sweat episodes and head HOME (to Holland, MI) tomorrow morning for two full days of just "being there". I am hooking up with my long-time physician on Friday and will more then likely get a wee bit of shopping done, though the main reason I'm going is to enjoy myself. Staying at a favorite hotel with a great pool, 24/7 gourmet coffee and great location...I love it.


I suppose I'm just ready for something different in my life...I've definitely hit a wall and desire a change of scenery. It gets me wondering if I should relocate but I have so many good things going here that I wouldn't want to give up or change.


So i'm not sure if this is just one of those nights where it seems like a good idea to change but in reality everything is fine and I'm feeling a bit restless. It's hard to know....


I kind of worried myself into a rut the other day thinking about my back/nerve damage and disability in general. Should I go ahead and get the fusion surgery that gives me a slight chance at getting off medication but has some rather risky side effects. Plus there would be a HUGE out of pocket medical expense because my insurance would only cover approximately half of the bill.


I just don't know what to do anymore but that is what life is like for me at the moment...one major decision after another.


Anyway...i cannot do anything about most of that stuff tonight. But I can look forward to Holland tomorrow and seeing K-Sue so that's the focus tonight...

2 comments:

  1. I know I don't comment very much, and I'm sorry about that. I'm also not sure how I'm just now realizing you're from Holland. I did my undergrad at Hope (1998-2002). Say hi to the place for me; I haven't been back since 2004.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I lived here for 27 years and still live just 2 hours away. My girlfriend Kim and son Ian live her still...i love this town , Yes...that includes the "Flying Dutchman"...thanks for sharing that info, it certainly is a small world.

    ReplyDelete

Comment