Cool Stuff

Friday, November 11, 2011

So Grateful For Our Veterans Today!


I would like to thank all of the Veterans out there today...what can I say except THANK YOU! You put your lives on the line so we can be free to pursue our American way of life. And by doing so, many countries and their people in the world today enjoy freedom as well. It wasn't just words...rhetoric...no, you stepped up and we are forever in your debt...God Bless All Of You!


Tonight is turning cold, the wind is still up...knifing in from West NW and it has a bit of a nasty attitude if you were to as me...But most folks NO BETTER then to really ask me, TEE HEE...

Tomorrow my father and I travel to West Lafayette to watch our Purdue Boilermakers take on the Ohio State Buckeyes. Even in a so-called"down year" for OSU...after the Buckeyes have been devastated by a cheating scandal, had to fire their Head Coach Jim Tressel and continue to dig up more and more NCAA violations...they are still a good team and one I'd rather not play right now. We are meeting my Sister Elizabeth and her daughter Lauren (at least I believe L is coming with her Mum)...they hail from Dayton OHIO and are avid  Buckeye Boosters.


I'm looking forward to it and the weather is supposed to be quite pleasant: Sunny High 61 degrees and little chance of rain. That forecast seems almost impossible to believe considering that we had an inch of snow on the ground this morning and it is still 43 degrees with a brisk wind and cloudy, forbidding skies. 


I get to feeling a wee bit funny as Dad and I attend each of these Purdue Football games the last couple of years because I know that sooner or later, one of these games will be the last game that we ever attend together after doing this for over 43 years. Each year he talks about this being the last year we get Season Tickets and then almost out of habit, we get them for the following year. My gut feeling is that we will get tickets for next year as well but we'll have to play it by ear and see. So far we are all healthy and able...


So it is going to be an "action packed" weekend as it were and I still have all the other weekend activities going on including one that i need to stop blogging and get ready to go to...The Listening Ministry at the Assisted Living Residence I typically do on Saturday mornings except when I attend a Purdue Game...then I read on Friday evening at 6p.


So I need to get moving on that so I'll close. Tomorrow will be a rather slow blog day since I'll be on the road so here is wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment