Cool Stuff

Friday, November 11, 2011

The Thousandth Time Around the Mulberry Bush




This is the 1000th post  here on Shell Shock Serenade. Though the blog was started nearly 2 years ago, I really have only been writing daily for the last 14 months or so. I have to chuckle at the fact that a little over a year has passed since I made a point of writing at least a post a day and when I started I figured that I would have a difficult time finding stuff to write about every day. Boy was I ever wrong there, eh?!


It's a tad bit embarrassing admitting that I can actually write that much about my self but I guess if I'm honest about me and whats going on in my life then I have no trouble finding stuff to write about.


I've stated before that my original intent for Shell Shock was to capture the day to day life of a "Low Bottom Addict/Alcoholic" (low bottom meaning my addiction took me about as far down as a person can go w/out dying...in other words...my life was very, very BAD) who is in recovery from his alcoholism/addiction. I really haven't strayed far from that original intent but I am shocked that I have had so much to write about.


I never thought of myself as much of a writer as I really hadn't done much writing outside of school and some poetry here and there. But I seemed to have taken to it quite naturally and I'll admit it...I love writing. 


I have always been an avid reader, ever since I was a little boy I have had at least one book that I  am reading and often I am reading more then one book at a time. I think my love of reading and love of words in general have made me a much better writer then I would have been had I not read books like I have.


Part of my original reason for writing the blog was one...to give me a place where I could write and at the same time naturally capture the daily life of a person in recovery. It also would give me a very easy way to vent...to get stuff off my chest. And two, I truly wanted to put my thoughts, my feelings and my struggles out there publicly, in hope that it may be helpful to someone who was going through some of the same things in relation to their recovery from addiction/alcoholism. I think the blog has been successful on both of these counts and I couldn't be more pleased.


I will try just as hard to be open and honest in the next 1000 posts as I was in the first 1000...As I mentioned I am pleased and yea, quite proud of the work that has been accomplished here. It has been better then I ever could have imagined and I am so honored to be able to continue to do it on a daily basis and get such wonderful feedback from a group of regular readers plus folks who drop in depending on the topic of that particular day.


So I just want to thank all of you who have taken a moment to drop in at one time or another here at Shell Shock Serenade. I really appreciate the fact that you have taken some of your own time to share it with me here on the blog. The fact that you are here means a great deal to me an  I won't ever forget that...I love 'ya and appreciate everyone of you who drops in. Thank you for your continuing support!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment