Cool Stuff

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Truth Is...


OK, I guess I write more mid-afternoon blog posts then I thought I did...this is like the 3rd one this week! Here I thought I knew my own patterns and well...I obviously don't. I live kind of a funny schedule where I am up at 4am or so and often get a lot of my daily stuff accomplished in the first 6 to 7 hours of the day. By 1p or so, right after lunch I have a bit of a siesta (Read: NAP) and then at 2-3p I'm off and onto something else. Usually an outside activity like Crippled Golf or walking. I usually don't fall asleep until 1a or so, then i wake every 45 minutes or so because of pain or a potty break. This basically means that on a good night/day, I'm still only getting 3-5 hours of sleep each day tops.

It's enough for me to live my life, I guess. I've tried to get into a more "normal" sleep pattern but this current routine seems to work the best for me so I stick with it...People think I'm crazy for getting up so early but I have to admit that I really enjoy it. I usually write for an hour after reading the morning paper which conveniently comes around 4a out here....If I do have appointments or errands in town, I prefer to schedule them for an early time slot...I like to get the days work completed in the morning so the afternoons and evenings are completely my own. It doesn't always work that way but typically it does...

One of the things I have learned in my life is to just take things as they are. I spent a great deal of time in the past trying to change my daily routines because others thought it was weird for me to be up so early, etc. The truth is that this works really well for me so I eventually just left it alone. In all honesty, it doesn't really effect anyone but K-Sue when she is around and she actually likes it and has adapted to it.

It didn't make any sense at all to try and force a schedule that "doesn't work for me" into my daily routine just because it's different then the "norm"... That now has applied to other areas of my life as well. It was all part of me learning to accept myself as I am and not try to be something that I am not. I did spend a lot of years trying to please others by being what they wanted me to be before I got a case of the F-Its and just did what I wanted. Neither way was particularly helpful or effective...today I just try to be myself...and it's funny but people actually accept me the way I am! Not sure why I had it in my head that they wouldn't!

OK, right now my schedule routine is telling me it is time for a bit of ice cream then perhaps a walk...a mild, easy walk since the back has been uncooperative as of late...So maybe we'll post 3 times today, maybe not but if I do...I'll see you then!


(Painting by Vincent van Gogh)