Cool Stuff

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

BROKEN

Seether is a post Grunge, I would call them Hard Rock and not Metal Band that I started listening too the last year that I drank and drugged. These were the Cocaine years, very intense times and the music I listened to at the time was intense as well. Lyrically as well as musically. I could just identify with the pain I heard in these lyrics...

Once I got sober I discovered that I still liked a lot of this music. I was surprised because those really were dark times and I expected to be turned off by anything that reminded me of that time...in this case I was wrong.

Just thought I'd share a song, called Broken by them...this is an acoustic version of the song I happen to like even more then the original. Thanks Spockgirl for reminding me of this cool tune...

3 comments:

  1. You're welcome. This is just one of those songs that doesn't go away. Kinda makes me wonder if I was broken when I was younger or if I'm broken now. Maybe just slightly damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is almost like a musical psalm in some way. I think it can truly depict a relationship with God.

    I know it is strange - but if you just listen to the lyrics - you may hear what I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelby- Not strange at all, I certainly can hear that. And in hindsight, that may have something to do with why I was drawn to that song as well as others.

    Regardless of how I got to that place in my life, I was screaming out for help inside: Forgiveness, Understanding, Hope...I had been living this horrible LIE yet in that last year, all the pretending, the faking was gone. I was an open JUNKIE, I didn't care. I had no job, no friends (except K-Sue who was just as sick as I was), no hope, no future...I just pushed the limit every day.

    Ultimately GOD prevailed...

    I think your insight on this is spot-on, I had never, ever considered that possibility but looking back, well it's obvious to me now...

    ReplyDelete

Comment