Cool Stuff

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Blah, Blah, Blah's....

Today was pretty much like any other day...I had a reasonable schedule of things on my calendar, nothing very pressing. I stayed busy, got a good ride on the X this morning, posted another blog entry (I always try to post one first thing in the am), met for some recovery work this afternoon with a few friends, house stuff, more writing this evening and then back in town tonight for awhile to meet some friends...again a typical day day in the life....

Yet everything seemed to move in Slo-Mo all day, it was very odd. It's like it was an interesting day, pretty good but lacking in energy or enthusiasm, as it were. Very strange right? Some days are just filled with energy, emotion, drive and I'm talking about days with a schedule similar to today. And then others...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Yep, today falls into the blah, blah, blah category...no doubt about it. Not sure why because it was a good day...

That is the interesting thing about giving up the drinking and drugging lifestyle. I missed that edge, that feeling of controlled chaos that I always had and life did seem boring in sobriety by comparison.... Today I like it calm and peaceful but I really did have to get used to it. And that took some time...Maybe I'm still getting used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment