Cool Stuff

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New (Years) Day

Ever love something so much, care about it so completely that you had to let it go?

I've just recently had such an experience. Honestly it has been one of the most difficult things that I have ever had to even CONSIDER, not to mention actually going ahead and going through with it.

Yet if I was to look at this guy, look at myself in the mirror and be the kind of human being I aspire to be...I had to follow through. The hard part about letting someone go is I'm selfish. I want all those things that come with a relationship where I only think about me, what do I get? I am not saying for one, single, solitary minute that I didn't consider myself in all this, I most certainly did. Of course there were a multitude of factors  that went into this decision, I considered them all including my emotional well being. This decision was not made in a vacuum, it was about living right here, right now, at this exact point in our lives. If you truly love, if you really care, the correct response becomes obvious, sometimes painfully obvious. And it was and continues to be painful...

 But if I am to be honest, totally honest with myself, I knew that the right thing to do was have enough respect, love and concern to tell the truth. Knowing full well that if I did, things would never be the same way again. And I still miss those things...

But as I sit here this New Years Morning, 2011...I truly can sense HOPE for the future. It's out there, just beyond my sight-line, shimmering and chock full of possibility for all of us. And I mean ALL of us...

Hope itself, possess incredible power...it can inspire art, it can instill desire, it will motivate us, captivate a person's imagination, lead people to the Promised Land...I believe that having hope, as in say a simple faith that today will be the best day of my life...can throw open all the doors of possibility and lead us individually to our very own Promised Land, our future.

Peace and Many blessings to all...New Years Day, 2011

2 comments:

  1. Very thoughtful blog!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough, this morning for me has felt surprisingly slightly more positive than most, or all, in the past year. Don't really know why. Then popped over here and read your rather upbeat post. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Comment