Cool Stuff

Monday, January 31, 2011

This And That...



OK, it's the start of a new week and everyone is all fired up and tense about the "Heavy Weather" supposedly headed our way here in the upper Mid-West. If we get half of what they are predicting it's going to be a doozy of a snowfall so maybe I should stop mocking the situation as to not tempt fate, eh?! Huh, naw...i can't help myself...we'll see what happens. But we are kind of do for some snowfall, it's been a cold yet rather mild winter as far as snow is concerned so it may very well be our turn.

I posted late last night about the concept of "loving one's self" and what that really means. It's funny but at the end of the post I lament thinking about such things right before I try to sleep. Often stuff like that keeps me awake. I slept really well (for me) so maybe I need to think about really deep sh*t right before turning in each night...

I should have taken the advice given to me a few days ago in comments on this blog to just pick up and go visit my daughter/grandson's. This might have been the perfect week to do it with the big BLIZ coming our way...

I really, I mean REALLY appreciate my friends, I'm just saying...

No freaking BACON craving this morning so I think I got that one out of my system for awhile...

AS noted in a weekend post: The Super Bowl craziness has indeed started in the sports media world. I do kinda like it...

This will probably warrant a full post in itself a bit later but the stuff going down in Egypt right now is really getting out of control...Very frightening stuff!

Perhaps it's just my perception but any time there is violent unrest in the Middle East it always seems like something truly Biblical, I mean really horrible could happen. I don't know it just seems scarier somehow.

Anyone ever just close their eyes and picture themselves flying? Like over tree tops, wide valley's, over mountains, right down the middle of Times Square?! Er, didn't think so...

Funny, I just realized that I don't have to leave here until 11a or so and it's not even 9a yet. Perhaps I could lay back down for an hour, hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Why do you take pictures of your feet? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! When I was reading your BIO, something about abnormal feet I wondered when you would get around to asking. Unfortunately there isn't a really cool answer.
    I was taking pics one day and I thought a great idea for a self-portrait was looking down at my shoes. The original "footy photo" was the pic w/brown leather shoes taken at a Hope College Basketball game that originally had on my blog. Now it's become a clever gag,I suppose...like some people get a pic taken at the Grand Canyon, I take a pic of my feet and/or footwear at the Grand Canyon, get it?
    If you haven't noticed I also have a mutilated rt foot, a result of 10 separate operations incl. the amputation of the Big Toe, Ach. (A little Fun Fact: It's true that you can still feel the missing toe. I get a Phantom itch on the tip of the toe all the time!!)Twisted, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Comment